The Lounge Central
Please login to continue to enjoy our wonderful community. If you're not a member yet, join us. It's free!
The Lounge Central
Please login to continue to enjoy our wonderful community. If you're not a member yet, join us. It's free!
The Lounge Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lounge Central

Mainstream Urban Online Community. Professional Networking, Book Club, Entertainment, Sports, Health, Foodie Central, and more.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

As you get older...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MsEsquivel
Admin
MsEsquivel

As you get older... Empty
PostSubject: As you get older...   As you get older... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 10:47 pm

What are some of the crazy things that has been happening to your body, stuff that NOW just get on your Fricken nerves....plus of course the good things? Thank God!
Back to top Go down
https://tlcforever.forumotion.com
MsEsquivel
Admin
MsEsquivel

PostSubject: Re: As you get older...   As you get older... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 10:58 pm

For me, while my friends around me all have gone through or are going through menopause, my cycles just won't stop. Ugh! Plus, I thought that I had a sensitive sense of smell before.....OMG I can smell EVERY GOSH DARN THING!!!! This is nerve wrecking. I was experiencing hot flashes, I haven't had any in more than a year. My skin is super dry so I gotta use Lancome's serum (bomb.com), plus I notice that I tend to tune out.
Back to top Go down
MsEsquivel
Admin
MsEsquivel

PostSubject: Re: As you get older...   As you get older... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 10:59 pm

Oh, and I can't see sh*t!
Back to top Go down
Jaasy

Jaasy

PostSubject: Re: As you get older...   As you get older... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 11:43 pm

LMAO, lmao!!!! I so recognize all of those!

My thing is trying to remember what I wanted to do/say 2 minutes ago! LOL Seems like it goes and comes! I can be talking and if I don't say it right at that moment, I can't remember what it was...
Back to top Go down
MsEsquivel
Admin
MsEsquivel

PostSubject: Re: As you get older...   As you get older... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2016 9:41 am

^^^^ Yeah , that too Jaasy. lol
Back to top Go down
LA

PostSubject: Re: As you get older...   As you get older... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2016 10:22 am

My eyesight and my hair. I used to be an "eagle eye" and now can't see anything within 2-3 feet clearly without wearing glasses. My hair is a dry mess.
Back to top Go down
Jaasy

Jaasy

PostSubject: Re: As you get older...   As you get older... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2016 11:43 am

My hair is so thin!!! Not to mention! And it's that halo thing! LOL I will not have that, my hair needs a color job ever three weeks or so! UGH!!!! I think I'ma get a short cut, maybe that will help a little...
Back to top Go down
MsEsquivel
Admin
MsEsquivel

PostSubject: Re: As you get older...   As you get older... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2016 11:48 pm

Yeah, my hair has thinned a little bit too, but I can honestly say that I have hardly any gray hair at all. I'm a few years from 50, but a lot of my friends of the same age would be gray if they didn't color. But yeah, the dryness is a bit much. I'm giving myself a deep conditioning and keratin treatment every 3 weeks.
Back to top Go down
Lynn

PostSubject: Re: As you get older...   As you get older... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 4:41 am

I'm having hot flashes from hell! I used to see women taking their clothes off and think they were exaggerating...now I guess this is my punishment...LOL I asked my daughter is it dangerous for your organs to get this damn hot? That can't be good. I feel like I'm cooking from the inside out...my flashes start in my mid-section and rolls all the way up to the top of my head. Ugh!
Back to top Go down
Lynn

PostSubject: Re: As you get older...   As you get older... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 4:45 am

I also have trouble remembering little simple words....but I was told that's the side effect of chemo. My hair thinning ....well that all fell out and now I have really short hair, but it was thinning before it fell out. I just keep it moving. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LA

PostSubject: Re: As you get older...   As you get older... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 8:40 am

Lynn wrote:
I also have trouble remembering little simple words....but I was told that's the side effect of chemo.  My hair thinning ....well that all fell out and now I have really short hair, but it was thinning before it fell out.  I just keep it moving.  Very Happy

Chemo???
Back to top Go down
Lynn

PostSubject: Re: As you get older...   As you get older... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 9:35 am

LA wrote:
Lynn wrote:
I also have trouble remembering little simple words....but I was told that's the side effect of chemo.  My hair thinning ....well that all fell out and now I have really short hair, but it was thinning before it fell out.  I just keep it moving.  Very Happy

Chemo???

Yes LA. I have breast cancer. I'm doing great! I had surgery, chemo and radiation. All is good! Just getting back into the swing of things. I have to take an estrogen inhibitor which is really ramping up my hot flashes. Whew!
Back to top Go down
Emerald Sylvia

Emerald Sylvia

PostSubject: Re: As you get older...   As you get older... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 12:38 pm

The aches and pains are killing me. My back is really bad. My vision is not what it used to be. My hair has never been thick but my hair got better when I went natural. Other than that life is good.
Back to top Go down
Emerald Sylvia

Emerald Sylvia

PostSubject: Re: As you get older...   As you get older... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 12:41 pm

Lynn wrote:

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better Lynn. My daughter works for a breast center and she has such a passion for cancer patients. She received her degree in social work and because of this job she wants to go back to school for her master's and wants to work with cancer patients. The patient's she works with love her and she has remained friends with some of them after they are through with treatment.
Back to top Go down
LA

PostSubject: Re: As you get older...   As you get older... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 1:04 pm

Lynn wrote:
LA wrote:
Lynn wrote:

Chemo???

Yes LA.  I have breast cancer.  I'm doing great!  I had surgery, chemo and radiation.  All is good!  Just getting back into the swing of things.  I have to take an estrogen inhibitor which is really ramping up my hot flashes.  Whew!  

That's great to hear. Glad you're getting better.
Back to top Go down
MsEsquivel
Admin
MsEsquivel

PostSubject: Re: As you get older...   As you get older... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 1:18 pm

Lynn (((Big Hug))) Praise God! I'm so happy to know that you'received doing well and on the mend.

I was having hot flashes overy a year ago and they were exactly like you said. But then they just stopped. Em, girl I can relate to the mind tricks. I also was experiencing little aches and pains too until I discovered Tumeric capsules. I swear after only about 3 days of taking them I started to feel relief.
Back to top Go down
MsEsquivel
Admin
MsEsquivel

PostSubject: Re: As you get older...   As you get older... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 1:20 pm

....also, be sure to take your vitamin D. Nutrition is so very important.
Back to top Go down
Jaasy

Jaasy

PostSubject: Re: As you get older...   As you get older... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 1:32 pm

I read something about Tumeric just the other day, maybe I should get some, can't hurt...
Back to top Go down
MsEsquivel
Admin
MsEsquivel

PostSubject: Re: As you get older...   As you get older... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 1:37 pm

Jaasy, I have gotten so many people on Tumeric capsules and the benefits are numerous...not only for pain, but it is a natural detox.....great for your cardiovascular health, mental state.....several people have told me that their blood pressure is normal after being on pressure meds for years. Yeah, read up on it and try it.
Back to top Go down
MsEsquivel
Admin
MsEsquivel

PostSubject: Re: As you get older...   As you get older... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 1:58 pm

I use Earth Well brand of Turmeric Curcumin that I purchase from Amazon. Most peeps have it on auto.
Back to top Go down
LA

PostSubject: Re: As you get older...   As you get older... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 2:16 pm

I've used fresh turmeric in "golden milk." I need to get capsules because it's just easier lol.
Back to top Go down
Lynn

PostSubject: Re: As you get older...   As you get older... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 2:55 pm

Thanks LA and MsZ! I have no complaints. Life is good!
Back to top Go down
Lynn

PostSubject: Re: As you get older...   As you get older... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 3:48 pm

Emerald Sylvia wrote:
Lynn wrote:

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better Lynn. My daughter works for a breast center and she has such a passion for cancer patients. She received her degree in social work and because of this job she wants to go back to school for her master's and wants to work with cancer patients. The patient's she works with love her and she has remained friends with some of them after they are through with treatment.

Thank you Em!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: As you get older...   As you get older... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

As you get older...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge Central :: General Discussions :: What's Good?-
Jump to: